Do you have one of these tabletop trees? They are just darling and I love how this one from Country Living is trimmed with candy-cone treats - the perfect decorative element for a children's decorating party! It's easy to put together with just a few items:
Using ready-made ice-cream cones, CAREFULLY drill 2 side holes with a wooden skewer (apply gentle pressure to avoid cracking). Brush with icing and dip in colorful sugar or nonpareils. Let dry thoroughly before slipping a thin ribbon through each hole, and then fill with small candies.
To simplify assembly, stand each cone in a small glass while filling. Fill in the bottom space of the cone with paper towel to keep fragile cones light enough to hang. Now you have another fun favor/decor item that the kids will love!



![I [Heart] Ebates](http://static.theblogfrog.com/p/ebates/badges/savvy_living_badge_expert.png)

8 comments:
Adding this to my gummy bear tree... Lovely!
Love this! Thanks for sharing!! Natalie
adorable!
you could even use paper cones.
Funny, but I have been on an internet search to find those candies! Those shiny peppermints are nowhere to be found. Any ideas?
I love this tree, thanks for sharing it.
love, bree
So creative!
Makes me wish I was hosting a party! I shared your cute idea on my Favorite Feeds Friday.
Candy Cone: delicious!!!
This is a sweet idea for my child and me....
Thanks for sharing!!!
Laura@RicevereconStile
Post a Comment