Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rustic Pirate Birthday Party

There are a lot of very cute pirate parties on the interwebs, that utilize red and black and whimsical fun.  But I love this Pirate Party from Nice Party because it exudes a more sophisticated atmosphere which would even be suitable for an adult themed party.  Some of my favorite elements: 

  • the rustic neutral tones incorporating old crates, and signs

  • the vintage style "rum" bottles

  • the fleet of "pirate ship" cakes

  • the over head decor of fish netting, black flag banner, and 'sail' 

13 comments:

testing 1 said...

I know, you don't think 'pirates' and 'sophisticated' in the same thought! It would make an awesome Halloween set up! Thanks for sharing lady.

A Blissful Nest said...

I lvoe how vintagy this feels. Adorable!!

Unknown said...

I am loving those cakes...

Kinser Event Company said...

Love the vintage feel to this!

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Ooh I love this 'adult' feel put onto a normally 'childish' party theme! Very cool!

Rach said...

What a unique theme!

Peach Pizzazz said...

I just love the authenticity! Could also work great for a "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie party!

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Good call NJAM, "halloween" decor!
and Peach Pizzazz, "Pirates of Caribbean"... or as my son says: Pirates of the Caribarean!LOL

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

So great even a "grown-up" would love it;)

Anonymous said...

I love to see fun and creative themes for boys. It seems most parties are for girls!

Unknown said...

love this pirate party!

Sandi said...

so fun! i love anything w/ a rustic twist!

Rachael said...

Thanks so much for posting this party. I'm doing something similar to this (though much smaller scale and for kids) in July and I appreciate the inspiration to see how someone else executed it. Excellent job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...